COVID-19 Updates and Information
Physiotherapy Services at CPF "Red"
Hornby Physiotherapy Clinic remains open for all patients at ‘Red’. We have high levels of hygiene at all traffic light levels and we ask that our patients follow the rules below when you come to the clinic.
- Scan in and sanitise on entry to the clinic
- Wear a mask while inside the clinic
- We welcome a support person but prefer to limit large numbers of people in the clinic. If possible, please arrange for someone to care for your children while you attend your physiotherapy appointment.
- Do not attend your appointment if you are unwell, have been deemed a close COVID contact or are awaiting a COVID test result. We can see you via Telehealth (see below) or we can reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that our patients are diligent in maintaining social distancing while in the clinic. We will sanitise beds and equipment after use. There is regular cleaning and sanitising of high touch areas. Hand sanitiser is easily accessible within the clinic.
- The clinic will have doors and windows open to facilitate ventilation so please ensure you have warm clothes.
- At the time of making your appointment we will ask your vaccination status. This is to ensure that we take appropriate hygiene measures and wear appropriate PPE for your appointment.
Please phone the clinic if you have any questions and the staff will endeavour to help you.
Telehealth appointments are available at all alert levels. When we move to the new Government framework to allow us to remain open at all alert levels we will not see unvaccinated patients face to face. We can offer Telehealth appointments for unvaccinated patients at that time.
Please email [email protected] or phone 03 3497784 and leave a message. We will get back to you to arrange a time and advise on how this will work. If you have an existing appointment we will be in touch with you. Please bear with us as we work through our appointment book. The Hornby Physio Team.
A telehealth appointment can be a phone call or a video call.
We can phone and give you advice on managing your injury at home as well as prescribing an exercise programme which we can then email to you.
A video call is done through our computer system. We send you an email with a link to the appointment and if you follow the instructions the app will access your camera so we can talk to you via video. This can be done through your computer or laptop. It can also be done through your phone or tablet/ipad.
Your first Telehealth appointment has no surcharge. Follow up telehealth appointments will be charged at our normal rate.
Contact us via email or leave a message on our answer phone if you would like to make a Telehealth appointment.
If you have any of the following symptoms, are awaiting the result of a COVID test or have been exposed to COVID-19 please do not attend your appointment. Please phone us and we can advice you of your options.
Symptoms – cold, flu, runny nose, sore throat, loss of sense of smell with or without fever.
What to do when you arrive for your appointment.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your allocated appointment time.
- Please use the COVID tracer QR code on entering the clinic.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the clinic. It will be on a table before you enter the clinic. Maintain social distancing where possible.
- Please ensure your contact details are up to date for our contact tracing register.
- If you bring a support person they will also need to provide their contact details for the tracing register or sign in using the QR code.
- Your physiotherapist will wear appropriate PPE as required by the Ministry of Health, and we ask that you also wear a mask throughout your appointment unless advised by your physiotherapist.
- Payment by eftpos or internet banking is preferred however we will take cash payments.
- Don’t forget to sanitise as you exit the clinic.
- Telehealth video calling appointments are available. Please phone the clinic to discuss how to do this if you would like to.
Book an Appointment
Phone us to make your appointment for your initial assessment today.